16.9.10

The great debate - Rice VS Pasta!

In the bodybuilding/powerlifting/whatever - scene, there is always the battle of those two basic carbohydrates. Some say rice has better effects on your body, improves a "dryer" look, where others say that's just a rumour.

I, personally think that both are a good and quite clean source of carbohydrates. I love eating pasta, but I make sure that they are whole grain noodles. I often eat rice, because it's easy to do and it fits good to the other things I eat.
I'd say that you shouldn't have to decide between, but just eat what you're hungry for - pasta or rice - doesn't matter.

What do you like better? Do you feel the positive effect of those carbs on your training when you eat them an hour before? How do you eat it, do you have any favorite recipes?

33 comments:

  1. Pasta! Sure rice can go with a lot of things, i just find it boring as none other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as italian I say pasta

    ReplyDelete
  3. PASTA ftw. Spinach and ricotta cannelonni yummm.

    New follower, Please check out my blog and follow me back :)

    australiascrapas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would recommend pasta...

    F/S!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its gotta be pasta for me, rice is jsut much to boring and bland, at least with pasta i can add some decent sauce and other stuff to it, like tuna and get a really tasty healthy meal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Asian, so I grew up eating rice. Pasta is nice once in a while but I can't imagine it being my staple food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. POOTATOES!!! >=( look at mah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous16.9.10

    Pasta is my recomandation aswell

    ReplyDelete
  9. i pick rice.. i only have a little bowl of rice for one meal..but pasta..i'll never stop eating..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like long grained rice because it has a lower GI rating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just really depends on what i'm in the mood for. Rice is one of those dishes that absorbs the flavors around it so how "bland" it is is really up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a pasta girl :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's like anythign else, a good mix is best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't decide. But I prefer them both over potato's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! Supportin

    ReplyDelete
  16. pasta

    pigdisgusting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. rice :P
    great blog, following

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like both... CANT DECIDE, FFFFUUUUU

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both are great, but I'm partial to pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i bet on Pasta
    /daily

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pasta tastes better, though I'm not sure about the impacts of the food.

    ReplyDelete
  22. good job, your blog has a strong following

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the kind comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous17.9.10

    ill go with both

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome bolg, I'm following.

    ReplyDelete