21.9.10

My back routine

I consider the back as one of the most important muscles. Not only because of the V-Shape and the looks, but also you learn to use your back more efficient in real life, when holding something etc..

My back routine always changes. I do a lot of rowing, and it is important for me, that I vary the grip - close, wide, parallel,...

A typical back-day would be as following:

Bent forward rows:
3*6-8 reps
1*12 reps

Chin-Ups/Lat Pulldown machine (Gym 80, shoulderwide grip)
2*6-8 reps
2*10-12 reps

Seated rowing, close grip:
3*6-12 reps

Pulldowns, wide grip, easy weight
3*12-20 reps

And then, for the pump Pulldowns with straight arms (no clue what it's called in english)
3*12-20

You see, I do very much for my back, but that's just what's working for me. If you don't need a big volume like that, then stick to the basic exercises. But after a time, I discovered, that my back needs a lot of sets.

40 comments:

  1. good info man, i think im gonna try this out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intense dewd, going to need alexis on full blast for this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds mad intense :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound intense!Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gonna try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good routine, just got some decent weights for £45, bargain =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. do what u want couse a pirate is free!You're a Pirate!!
    cool!suppin bro :)
    check both my blogs are interesting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice.. im looking to alter my workout so this was very helpful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good routine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woa, i wish i was on that level XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. ill try this tonight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous21.9.10

    This is great advice, a strong back is important.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey great blog I've jsut made a blog on fitness too check it out. Love how you are relating hwo you use your muscles in real world situations followign for sure!!

    http://xfitbambi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is pretty intense... I haven't done a pull up in years so I doubt I could handle this shit. Now the fap olympics, another story entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous21.9.10

    Interesting;)
    supporting you;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds good, supporting u !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss the army where i actually had no choice even on days i felt like being lazy which is a little too often..

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome routine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous21.9.10

    looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  20. used to do alot of deadlifting until my lower back started to not like me for it, doing more pulldown, pullup exercises these days... back day today actually.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish to be as fit as you, bro. Suppin'

    ReplyDelete
  22. Should give this a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thats too much work for me... what kind of workout involves laying back and getting crunked?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice, program. Too many people neglect their back. You know?

    ReplyDelete
  25. well, after that maybe you should rest too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks man. I'm always on the lookout for good workout routines to keep my muscles guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have never done my back before. Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  28. This blog has quite the following!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Solid. Any thoughts on protein shakes? Been thinking about starting those ontop of my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like to throw some lawnmowers into the mix. Gets a really good workout.

    ReplyDelete